All the activities I share on this website were invented for a class I teach in Bellevue, Washington called Family Inventors’ Lab. This year, I will be teaching an online version of Family Inventors’ Lab merged with our Creative Arts Lab program, for ages 3 – 6. We’ll meet on Zoom from 3:30 – 4:30 Pacific time every Saturday. We also record sessions, so some families participate asynchronously by watching videos at their convenience.
In our online classes, we have
- a sharing time where kids get to talk with each other, build friendships and social skills
- explanation of the science concepts or art skills for the week
- teacher demonstrations of hands-on projects you can do at home (using materials that we will mail quarterly)
- non-fiction books and fun imaginative stories
- songs to reinforce key concepts
We will be covering science topics like: dinosaurs, chemistry, simple machines, robots, and lots more. Our art instruction will focus on key ideas like shadow, texture, collage, color mixing, and more.
I have a few spaces available – you can learn more about the class at: https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/parented/classes/enrichment-programs/
Note: attendance is optional at most sessions; however, parents are required to attend the monthly parent education session, which will be held one Saturday a month, 2:00 – 3:30 Pacific. You can check out my other blog, http://www.GoodDaysWithKids.com to get a sense of the kinds of things I cover in parent ed.
If you have questions, you can contact me at janelyn at bellevuecollege.edu.